It takes us all to do it all. Another way to say it is that teamwork makes the dream work.
People you work with have labeled you as a team player or not a team player based on how you behave. The same is true for me.
How do you know if you are a team player? Ask yourself the following:
- Do I receive feedback?
- Do I submit to authority?
- Do I resolve relational conflict?
- Am I openhanded with ideas?
- Do I bring all my skills and gifts to the team?
- Am I committed to the mission?
- Do I encourage and support my team members?
- Am I open to who gets the credit?
- Do I share my feelings and opinions?
- Do I trust my team members?
- Do I deliver excellent results?